November 10, 2011

More Florida 101

Finally, some subject matter for the camera lens...
Nothing extraordinary
For Florida...
But exciting to this newcomer...
We've spotted flocks of Ibises,
Flying toward the Everglades at dusk...
But a couple mornings ago,
My BIL yelled at me
To check out the birds
Walking down the street!
I grabbed the camera and
Got some shots
Of the wandering Ibises
Two houses down...






The palm warbler is real common this time of year...
But not easy to get a decent shot of...


The brown anole is really abundant;
These cute little backyard buggars
Stand guard around BIL's pool...
Pool Patrol, I call it...they're looking for bug snacks...


 Naturally the one bird I'm real familiar with, is the only bird I saw
at a really nice, sort of local rec. park yesterday...
The great egret.




The Halloween pennant dragonfly, probably real common...
...but so far I'm seeing waaay more of the...




Zebra long wing butterfly...

it's super abundant here!



4 comments:

  1. You are really Feeling Fine and Free in Florida, Jann. Love the new look and all the new Friends!!! The Halloween pennant dragonfly is new to me. Very pretty post, Jann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like taking a Florida vacation from a computer chair in SD. A Zebra longwing is always a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sunshine State sights! Beautiful bird images! I've never seen a Zebra long wing butterfly before. Gorgeous! I hope you are enjoying all the lovely nature and wildlife Florida has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Florida, Jann. Order the four free guides (east, west, south, panhandle) from the Great Florida Birding Trail website. Although the guides are kept current online, I prefer them in my hands. Looking forward to reading about and viewing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete