October 11, 2012

Aloha, Florida!


From Hawaii it took 4 airplanes
Just to get me to No. Calif.,
But it was really, really good
To see my parents and sis (1 of 2) again...
If only for a few days.
It took another 3 airplanes,
And from 3:00 AM to 3:00 PM PST
To get to Orlando, FL,
Where Ru picked me up and
Drove us back to Flagler Co.,
and HOME!!
A storm damaged our one bird feeder stand,
Some time ago,
So I am anxious to get that replaced
And see what feathers will flock
To our backyard...


As for the front yard,


I discovered a dove nesting! 



It makes for easy birding when the current priority is
Interior paint
and
Furniture.

6 comments:

  1. Nice to have a dove making itself at home while you were away. A nice welcome back for you! Love the dark eye!

    My grandson Nick just flew this morning to Jacksonville, Florida for 2 college soccer games. He's a freshman and plays for NKU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanda, I'm seeing the usual birds around the yards, despite the lack of feeders...N cardinals, blue jays, mockingbirds, and the doves...I saw presumably the nesting dove's mate on a branch nearby one day...I hope your grandson's games went well!

      Delete
  2. Mourning Doves definitely have one of the best eye rings in the avian world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do...and it greatly accents the accusatory stare every time I check in on her! So glad ya stopped by!

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of time spent in airplanes! You must be so happy to finally be home. I am sure you are looking forward to settling in. How nice that you have a nesting dove. Gorgeous Florida birds await you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I tolerated the 4 flights well since I wasn't the one paying for them! I AM very happy to be back to my home and Florida, now to really get back into the swing of things. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete