January 12, 2012

Hugh Taylor Birch State Park

The eastern side of the HTBSP is just across the street from
Ft. Lauderdale Beach...
I had high hopes of getting bird pics...
...Pffftt!
But it was worth the $6 park fee
To see this fig tree...


That's Ru in there, dwarfed by this ginormous tree...
The crown of the tree is over 100 feet across...



The park is a part of the Great Florida Birding Trail...
We parked here and walked thru the underground tunnel
To the beach, where we soaked up rays for awhile...
I was in great need of some beach therapy,
And it definitely revived my slightly wilted soul.

3 comments:

  1. Those fig trees are quite something. I can never get tired of looking at them. The Peace of the ocean! It sure does calm the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh...I know of and have seen some of the beautiful trees in the South, both in person and featured in books and magazines, but have never seen this marvelous fig tree. Thanks, Jann. Your music is calming and the background lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a glorious fig tree! I have never seen anything like it before. Sounds like you spent a lovely day at the beach.

    ReplyDelete