April 07, 2018

Shell Yea!

I'm happy to report that my Beach Therapy yesterday morning went very well . . . I had the shell hot-spots to myself (first dibs!) and it was a pretty good beach-combing day . . .

Just before the sun rises above the horizon . . .



Early on, I found this really nice lightning whelk! It's pretty rare for me to find one this size in such good condition and with such nice coloring . . .




I found a handful of shark's eyes; there seems to be a good amount of goldens lately . . .also not a common thing at "my" beach . . .



Just before 7:10 a.m., the sun rose . . .



I found this lettered olive (L) and calico scallop (R) together . . .



But this beauty was definitely the nicest olive for the day . . .



I think I've said this before, but I do love the triangular shape of the Southern surfclam shell!



There were a handful of white baby's ears too . . .



. . . this was the nicest shark's eye in the day's bunch . . .
It was buried upside down and barely showing, a lucky find . . .


A nice Salle's auger . . .



A very unusually pale shark's eye . . .



The Atlantic giant cockle is common at this beach, but I still enjoy finding them . . .



A jingle (oyster) shell (L) and a white Atlantic semele



Another pretty pear whelk apex! Boy if only I could find a whole one, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment