May 25, 2012

Aloha.....Almost....

I'm sitting in the Phoenix Internat'l Airport at this moment, with three hours until boarding the flight to Hawaii. We've arrived extra early to be extra safe...we were supposed to land in Hawaii yesterday but we somehow managed to miss our flight! The boarding gate was changed and we never checked the monitors...we're not exactly frequent flyers...this airport is apparently notorious for changing gates...anyway, we checked into a nearby hotel, ate across the street at a Hilton, and survived the ordeal. Did I mention our luggage made it to HI ok? I had to pay $22 for a 2 oz bottle of saline solution and a contact lens holder at the Hilton courtesy shop, OY! And yes we're wearing the same clothes from yesterday...anyway, thank goodness for laptops for entertainment (besides books). And speaking of laptops, I purchased a new Macbook Pro in Jacksonville a few days ago. It's my first Mac and so far I love it, tho it's a bit mind-boggling for an old PC user! I'm even training myself to use the touch pad...look ma, no mouse!

Well I think I'll cruise other Blogs, see how my faves are doing....

Have a good, safe Memorial Day weekend everyone. See you on the big island!

2 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of travel. Hope you made it safe and sound. I'm looking forward to viewing your future posts from Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your photos of Hawaii too, Jann!

    ReplyDelete